In this video-tutorial, Sonya teaches you the secret of her decorative techniques. She shows you how to evolve a seemingly simple pattern such as a 5-lobed flower in a small work of art by helping you discover how clay, pastels and colour interact to produce unique and distinctive results. Drawing free hand can feel very liberating. With a little practice under Sonya’s careful guidance, you will quickly establish a direct connection with the clay and develop an instinct for what works. Be amazed at your results! Tutorial Plan
Track 1: Introduction
Get introduced to the course and learn some tips to maximise your enjoyment of this tutorial
Track 2: Decorate a sheet of clay
Learn to use pastels and ink to decorate a sheet of clay and evolve a simple motif into an accomplished design
Track 3: Make the Frontplate
Turn your decorated sheet into a Frontplate
Track 4: Make the Backplate
Use your newly acquired skills to make a decorated backdrop for your pendant
Track 5: Assemble the plates
Assemble the two plates with design in mind
Track 6: Make a Bail
Learn to make a low-profile bail to ensure your pendant sits gracefully on your body
Track 7: Inspiration
Peruse Sonya’s collection of pieces and get inspiration for your own designs
In addition to your basic polymer clay equipment, you will need:
- alcohol inks
- dry pastels
- FIMO semi-gloss varnish
- fine, permanent black-marker
- textured fabrics readily available in any fabric store or in your cupboards
- a half-sphere mould
Sonya Girodon is a highly committed designer-maker famous for her spontaneous sense of design, abundant imagination and playful arrangements.In her day job, she puts her linguistic skills to work at an international research insitute in Grenoble. To have Sonya on Voila! is a privilege given her busy schedule. This course provides a rare opportunity to get inside her creative processes and should not be missed.
When you purchase a tutorial, you will be admitted to a Facebook Group where you can receive guidance from Sonya on techniques and materials so that you will be able to make the most out of the tutorial. Participate, learn from others and share your knowledge!
When you purchase this video you agree to the following:
- You have permission to sell work using the decorative techniques taught in this tutorial. You can also sell pieces reproducing the double-plated Floral Pendant Design only. The Gallery in Sequence 7 shows you a number of designs other than the double-plated pendant to show you how versatile the technique is and encourage you to create your own designs.
- This website and its content are copyright Cassis Ltd, © Cassis Ltd 2016. All rights reserved. You do not have permission to redistribute or reproduce part or all of the contents in any form other than the following:
- you may, for your personal and non-commercial use only, print or download to a local device only the pdfs that are part of a tutorial you have purchased;
- you may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
€ 43.00 (approx. USD $ 47.86)Please LOGIN before making a purchase.
over 45 minutes of step-by-step filming
view the videos anywhere in your own time
online support and guidance from Sonya
Please note: The videos are spoken in English This project requires some experience with polymer clay.